Electrolysis involves labor intensive, intricate procedures, which require professional judgment, and which must be performed in a sanitary environment by a skilled, licensed professional.
Your initial consultation will consist of a discussion of the three different modalities, Thermolysis, Galvanic and the Blend and which is best suited for your needs. Your electrologist will discuss the difference between temporary methods of hair removal and the only permanent method of hair removal, electrolysis. Additional discussion will include:
- Reasons for hair growth
- Description of a follicle and what needs to be destroyed to prevent future growth.
- Explanation of the three cycles of hair growth surfacing over a period of eight months to one year.
- Medical issues to include but not limited to concerns regarding implants, pregnancy, medication and hormonal issues.
- Sensitivity and side effects
- Post treatment care necessary to expedite proper healing.
- The necessity for your practitioner to follow strict infection control procedures which include but are not limited to office hygiene, hand washing and gloves, sterilized tweezers and disposable needles.
- Estimates regarding the overall length of treatments depending on each individuals circumstance.
- The necessity of maintaining a consistent schedule in order to achieve successful results.